On December 9th, 2010, 소녀시대 attended the Golden Disk Awards(dubbed as the Korean Grammy Awards), where they ended up winning the Disk Daesang (Album of the Year) for their 2nd album Oh!, a never before seen feat, as no girl group has ever won the award. They also became the first artist ever to win the Disk Daesang and the Digital Daesang in 2009 for their hit single “Gee”.
[TRANS - Taeyeon - Ceci January 2014]
Of all the SNSD members I wanted to meet, it was always Taeyeon. Her delicate yet strong voice would become a powerful first impression of the group, Girls’ Generation.As of 2014, SNSD have been active for eight years. They opened a new chapter in Korean pop music, and rather than rest on the laurels of the generation they created, they pushed on to challenges. Now, none of them are teenage girls any more, but they are still going strong. Gathering everything possible into the domain of SNSD, they build a strong and durable castle.
Whenever there is news about a comeback, people talk about this one deciding SNSD’s future. Now however, no matter how they choose to make a comeback, they could never look bad. Amongst the colourful and vivacious members in her group, Taeyeon is the one always quietly standing a step back from them. She would sing the songs that she liked, and it felt like she was spending time sharing loving glances with her fans With a face as pale as porcelain, eyes that smile like a child, but with a few secrets. What could be in her heart? I met with Taeyeon on the day that this winter’s first snowflakes began blowing harshly. She seemed willing then unwilling to show what was on her mind. But I didn’t want to press her. It would be something precious to her that she didn’t need to show to anyone. Twenty-six year-old Taeyeon is enjoying the most beautiful time of her life.
Ceci: Compared to the other members, you tend not to do individual activities. We hope fans will enjoy this ‘Ceci’ cover photoshoot as a highly coveted item.
Taeyeon: It’s my first time being a cover model alone, so it is surreal. We did have the members shooting individual versions of covers before, but we honestly didn’t know anything about it. Now the members do individual cover photoshoots so often, and now I know how significant this is.
Ceci: You don’t seem to do as many photoshoots as expected.
"@pattylowyy lent me her brolly cos it was raining and when this boy sees something new at home, he HAS to try it out."
- Lu-anne Gan
i want you. nothing else , just you.
i’m lonely and you’re lovely and i just want to be
with you right now even you don’t want to
be with me|
Last Friday, typhoon Haiyan locally called typhoon Yolanda one of the strongest typhoons ever recorded in history hit the Philippines leaving 20 provinces devastated. An estimated 4 million people were affected. 10,000 deaths were reported as of date. Thousands of families have lost their homes and loved ones. We need all the help we can get. Here’s a condensed list of how you can help and where you can send your donations:
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- donations via Victory Philippines
- Tulong Kabataan Relief Drive
- relief operations via University of the Philippines
- relief operations via the Department of Education
- pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Global Giving
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via World Food Programme
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- donations via UNICEF Philippines
- donations via CARE Australia
- donations via Caritas Internationalis
- donations via GMA Network (credit card)
- donations via World Vision
- donations via AmeriCares
- donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
not kahi related, but i’m reblogging this just in case you want to help and wondering how you can donate to the victims of typhoon haiyan
A perfect Yoona for a perfec